Friday, February 9, 2007

La Premire

Okay, first post. Actually, first post for me, but not for anyone reading it, I wouldn't imagine. I think I'm gonna keep this a secret for a while, to see if it takes. I'd like to take this moment to outline some goals:

* When I was getting divorced, I kept a journal. I wrote in it for hours every day, and I think it really helped me get my head straight. Writing is thinking, as I like to tell my students, and I should be thinking more, even though thinking is sometimes diffiuclt and painful. Goal: Write.

* God, I'm such a liar. Goal: Don't tell too many lies.

* One thing that's kept me from starting to blog is all the crappy, narcissistic nonsense that pollutes so many of these things. Goal: Say things only if they're worth saying.

Good for now. Let's see how it goes.

No comments: